If you’re looking for a new way to market your product and reach your audience, you may be looking into application-making costs. Or maybe even wondering what the cost of making an app is and the average cost to develop an app. Well, the truth is, the cost for creating an app varies tremendously.
Luckily, we offer cost-effective Software Development Services, Offshore Software Development, and Mobile Application Development Services. As for your question ‘How much does it cost to get an app developed?’ we’re happy to walk you through it.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop a Custom Application?
To put the costs to build an app in an easy to understand way, we’ve broken it down into specific services and their value:
Expenses range from low to high complexity. Depending on what your app does, the intricate of its functions, and how it is developed, prices can vary drastically. Simple apps cost about $90,000, but with composite programs, you should expect to pay $240,000 or above.
Cost to Hire an app developer. When hiring a developer, it is important to consider what kind of application you’d like them to create. Do you want it to be compatible with IOS, Android, or another type of program provider? IOS developers tend to be on the more expensive side of the scale, with average labor costs ranging from $45-$75 an hour. Whereas lower-end developers can range from $16-$55 an hour.
Cost of developing an IOS app. As mentioned previously, IOS apps can be significantly more expensive than Android. The price for this kind of program is based upon time and complexity:
- The cheapest app development takes about 1 or 2 months and ranges anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000
- Medium expenses would range from $10,000 to $50,000 and could take anywhere from 2 to 6 months.
- For complex apps and lengthy development, the price could be $50,000 or over and would take more than 6 months.
So, to answer the ‘how much does an app developer cost?’ question, a lot.
Main Costs that Determine the Price of Developing an App.
For the sake of your ‘does it cost money to make an app?’ and ‘is it expensive to make an app? questions, we’ve provided an outline of expenses to take into consideration:
- The kind of developer you require. As we talked about before, hiring a developer can be one of the most costly aspects of your application-creation process. Deciding upon your engineer is contingent on the operating system you chose.
- App creation process. There are a wide range of ways to create an application. Before you decide this, you should decide your target audience, their target operating system, what you want the app to do, and whether your clients will be accessing it on a web browser and mobile device.
- The purpose of your app. This is when you need to consider how your app will be used. Will it be created for entertainment purposes, social circumstances, or act as a portal for your end-users? The price differs accordingly.
- Your budget. When hiring a developer alone can cost over $50,000, determining your budget becomes an extremely important aspect of your creation process. Before anything else, an expense limit is a must.
- Design features. The design of your app is one of the most crucial characteristics because it is the first thing your users will see. When designing your program, you’ll have to abide by UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) guidelines. Which can become costly in itself. Some features to consider are a simplistic look, goal-oriented design, flow maintenance, readability, and platform respect.
- The expense of maintenance. Once you have your app launched, up and ready, and viewable to your clients, there is still more work to be done. Expect to pay regular maintenance costs to your developers when making your budget plan.
- App intricacy. If you’re trying to make a complex app with intricate goals, workflow, and application support boards, it’s best to expect your costs to be $240,000 and above.
- The operating system you decide to use. There are so many operating systems to choose from. Some include MacOS, IOS, Android, Linux, and Windows 10. The correct one for you will be easier to determine once a budget has been set in place.
How to Identify the Complexity of Your Application.
After finding out that a lot of your costs depend on the multiplex standards of your intended software, you may be wondering how to scale the difficulty of the creation process:
- Determine the type of mobile app. There are so many variations of apps to choose from. Including data-driven, device, functionality, custom utility, and game software. This can be decided by selecting a category and going from there.
- Distinguish a clear category. If you thought there were a lot of application types to choose from, there are even more categories and genres. These usually include music, navigation, news, books, education, lifestyle, kids, etc.
- Identify security measures. The category you decide on will help you determine the level of protection you need for your app. If it’s a kids or news app that doesn’t hold much end-user or business information, you can get away with less security. If it’s a data-driven category like lifestyle or finance, your best bet is maximum security practices.
- Types of architecture. This is where the process becomes a little more sophisticated. The main architecture categories include Monolithic, Layer (N-tier), Microservices, and Event-driven designs.
- Testing requirements. Before your app can be presented to the public, it must be properly tested for usability features, possible malfunctions, and target function efficiency. If you give unprepared software to your target audience, it might prevent them from using it in the future when the bugs have been eliminated.
Hybrid Vs. Native.
Another big determinant of your mobile application creation costs is whether you’d like your software to be hybrid or native. Because the cost of these two prospective aspects can greatly vary in price. Hybrid applications are the more expensive of the two. This is because these programs can be used across all platforms and operating systems. When creating a native app, the first thing you’ll have to do is decide on an operating system because it can only be used on the one you choose specifically.
- Native creation. This can be the less expensive option because developers only need to use software development tools to implement the software on a specific operating system.
Why Klik Dev is the Software Creation Provider for You.
With so many decisions to make, we want you to have a team you can trust. So, we want to inform you of our mission and successes:
- Knowledge of technology landscapes. When developing any software, it is important to have a developer that is aware of market aspects. We’ll help your app meet market goals while retaining customer attention with appealing design features.
- 24x7x365 and all-around support. At Klik Solutions, we use a multi-layered security, design, and consultation approach that is sure to keep your app on top. We know that issues can arise at any time. So, we have technicians available to assist you at a moment’s notice.
- Determined successors. Only one percent of applications actually meet the set requirements of today’s society. That’s why we have relentless developers and IT specialists improving your software constantly. There are so many aspects that go into creating an acceptable app, we always make sure to cover all fronts of your design, implementation, and maintenance aspects.
- Consult for plan constructs. We want to ensure that our staff is always on the same page as you. During the creation process, we will hold many meetings to determine whether we are successfully turning your dreams into a reality. If anything isn’t meeting your standards, don’t hesitate to let us know immediately.
- We serve multiple locations. Our organization has multiple different locations to best serve you. This includes the United States, Ukraine, and the Netherlands. If you’re not located in any of those areas, don’t worry. We can work remotely to meet your needs.
- Cybersecurity is a top priority. We’re not just an IT development company, we also handle a lot of cyber protection processes. The Klik staff can almost guarantee safety for your applications, servers, infrastructures, and more!
For more information on our Software Development Services, call us at 888-959-1196. If you’d like to set up a consultation and discuss pricing plans and available features, Klik here to schedule a meeting with one of our highly-trained professionals.